Spring has officially (but not technically…) arrived, and we’re getting busier and busier in preparation for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS release next month.
In the last few weeks we’ve worked on:
- Ubuntu Resources: we’ve just launched a new version of the site
- Ubuntu.com: we’ve launched a localised Chinese homepage that highlights Ubuntu Kylin
- Juju GUI: Matthieu has worked on a new icon set for charms which will be released in the next few weeks
- Fenchurch: we completely rewrote the Juju charm that updates canonical.com
- Landscape sprint: Carla has been to Rome for the Landscape team’s sprint, where she helped to wireframe changes for 14.04 and beyond
And we’re currently working on:
- Ubuntu Resources: we’re now working on expanding the styles of the site to accommodate desktop screen sizes and adding even more features
- Ubuntu 14.04 release: we’re reskinning the OpenStack Horizon dashboard for the OpenStack 14.04 release, and we’ve started working on updated images for the release
- Responsive ubuntu.com: we’ve been testing on various devices and fixing lots of little rendering issues; we’ve also been tackling larger challenges like the navigation and footer; you can follow our progress in the series of posts we’re publishing on this blog!
- Fenchurch: we’re currently updating the contributions and download pages so that it works on Fenchurch
- Juju: we’re doing some user research to understand engineer workflows
- Cloud section: we’ve finished wireframing and the first round of designs for the 14.04 refresh of www.ubuntu.com’s cloud section
- Partners section of ubuntu.com: we’re at the wireframing stage of this project
This month we’ve also welcomed a new member of the team: Robin is our new back-end developer.
Testing Ubuntu Resources on a Kindle Fire HD
Have you got any questions or suggestions for us? Would you like to hear about any of these projects and tasks in more detail? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.