Release month is always a busy one for the web team, and this time was no exception with the Ubuntu 13.10 release last week.
In the last few weeks we’ve worked on:
- Ubuntu 13.10 release: we’ve updated www.ubuntu.com for the latest Ubuntu release
- Updates to the new Ubuntu OpenStack cloud section: based on some really interesting feedback we got from Tingting’s research, we’ve updated the new pages to make them easier to understand
- Canonical website: Carla has conducted several workshops and interviews with stakeholders and has defined key audiences and user journeys
- Juju GUI: on-boarding is now ready to land in Juju soon
- Fenchurch (our CMS): the demo services are fixed and our publishing speed has seen a 90% improvement!
And we’re currently working on:
- Responsive mobile pilot: we’ve been squashing the most annoying bugs and it’s now almost ready for the public alpha release!
- Canonical.com: with some of the research for the project already completed, Carla will now be working on creating the site’s information architecture and wireframing its key sections
- Juju GUI: Alejandra, Luca, Spencer, Peter and Anthony are in a week-long sprint in San Francisco for some intense Juju-related work (lucky them!)
- developer.ubuntu.com: we have been working with the Community team to update the site’s design to be more in line with www.ubuntu.com and the first iteration will be going live soon
- Fenchurch: we are now working on a new download service
Release day at the Canonical office
Have you got any questions or suggestions for us? Would you like to hear about any of these projects and tasks in more detail? Add your thoughts in the comments.