Time flies! February is mostly behind us now and hopefully spring won’t take too long to show up in London.
In the last few weeks we’ve worked on:
- Ubuntu Resources: we’ve released a new iteration of the site this week — have a look and let us know your thoughts!
- MWC 2014: we’ve created a few homepage takeovers and updated the /phone and /tablet sections of www.ubuntu.com in preparation for this event
- Cape Town sprint: a few of us have been to the cloud sprint in South Africa earlier this month, where work focused on planning the next iterations of Juju
- Fenchurch: we’ve been improving the Fenchurch Juju charm
And we’re currently working on:
- Ubuntu Resources: we’ve already started working on the next iteration of the site, which should be released in just a few weeks — this time we’re focusing on medium screen sizes
- Ubuntu 14.04 release: we’ve started to go through the long list of updates to make the site ready for the upcoming release, mainly creating and updating image assets and copywriting
- Responsive ubuntu.com: we’re now moving full speed ahead, updating our front end framework, which powers www.ubuntu.com and other sites, to be mobile-first and responsive; a lot of the work in the next few weeks will be focused on creating new image assets and lots and lots of testing
- Fenchurch: we’ll be finalising Fenchurch’s Juju charm auto-updating
- Videos: we’re putting the final touches and testing the updated version of our web video player
- Juju: in the last few weeks we’ve released a new design for relationship lines and we’ve added local charm support — you can now import local charms into an environment using the import function or by dragging a YAML file from your computer onto the Juju canvas
Here are a few photos that Luca took of the week in Cape Town, where the sun was shining.
Some moments from Cape Town, earlier this month.
Have you got any questions or suggestions for us? Would you like to hear about any of these projects and tasks in more detail? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.